10.Best Business ideas
- Do you want to sell a foreign product in Nigeria? If yes, then franchising is for you. A Franchise is an
- agreement or license between two parties, which gives a person or group of persons (The franchise) the rights to market a product or service using the trademark of another business (the franchisor). Both
- the franchisor and the franchisee have a strong vested interest in the success of the brand and keeping the customer happy.
- Today, Franchising is available to service businesses, manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, and even professionals services in the medical health care, fast food and beverages hospitality, educational services, training management, business support, estate management, health, beauty and so on.
- The consumption of bread and other bakery products such as biscuits, chin-chin, gala, meat pie, among others have created a huge market for the wheat flour industry, and it is continually expanding by the day.
- These items have come to be accepted as part of our dietary need either as food or as snacks, which is taken in between meals.
- Flour milling is not however restricted to wheat processing alone, several Nigerians cereals and tuber crops are being milled and preserved to powdery flavor, so as to enhance their industry uses and preserve their shelf life for domestic purposes.
- These include the corn flour, cassava flour, millet flour etc. Processing them into flour and bagging them, therefore, holds great prospects, considering the fact that these agricultural raw materials are locally sourced.
- Flour enjoys extensive usage in the bakery, brewing, confectionery, pharmaceutical as well as the food processing sectors of the economy.
3.Road haulage transport business:
- Transport business in Nigeria is as old as the nation itself and there is no doubt that those in the business have been known to have contributed in no small way to the economic development of the country.
- Transport plays an important role in most business activities. Efficient transport is an essential component in the production and distribution process; commonly referred to as supply chain logistics.
- As a new entrant into the business of Haulage business, you can decide to buy a Trailer or more and station it with any of those multinational companies.
- They will maintain your Trailer for you, employ a driver for you.
- At the end of every month, all you need to do is to go there and collect your cheque; they pay between N400, 000 to N600,000 on a Trailer every month.
- Before you can be part of this, you need to register with them as a contractor or fall under another contractor in their fleet.
- Secondly, you may decide to be an independent operator to some of the big companies in the Country, they will give you a way bill; it might be 10 to 15 trips.
4.Create an e-book:
- If you have some special and extensive knowledge about a particular hobby, activity or skill, then put it to use and write about it.
- Maybe you know several different ways to tie knots. Maybe you are really good at making homemade Christmas decorations.
- Maybe you have extensive knowledge about taking care of a sick loved one. Or maybe you know some special tricks for preparing meals for large or small families.
- You can sell an e-book over and over again. If you only make 50 cents per sell; 10,000 downloads of your book will make you $5,000.
5. Get paid to decorate:
- Imagine having a rewarding, high-paying job that lets you use your creativity to make homes and businesses more beautiful and comfortable.
- Welcome to the world of interior decorating. There are few jobs that offer so many benefits.
- As an interior decorator, you will have the satisfaction of making your vision a reality. You will meet interesting people, and because many people who hire interior decorators are wealthy, you will likely spend time in many beautiful homes.
- If you start your own interior decorating business, you will enjoy the freedom of being your own boss and could earn N50,000,000 or more per year.
6. Start your own bottled water business:
- Bottled water is extremely popular these days. That is why starting up a home-based bottled water business may prove to be a lucrative venture.
- Purchase all the necessary equipment and designate a room in your house for this project. Start small and just work your way up as your bottled water business clientele grows.
7. Start a food business:
- Owning a food business is the first step for many entrepreneurs to the world self-employment. A food business can mean any of a number of business ventures, from temporary food, stands to cater to companies.
- Depending on which type of food business you plan to own, you will have different investment levels.
- If you run a temporary food stand, very few funds are needed to get started. If you plan to run a restaurant or even a high-class catering business, quite a bit of capital is needed to get started.
8.Become a manufacturer representative:
- If you are a top seller and have years of experience under your belt, going independent as a manufacturer’s representative may be your ticket to sales success.
- If you like to sell and yearn to be out on your own, the life of a manufacturer’s representative, also known as an independent sales rep may be for you.
- Experienced salespeople tell us being a manufacturer’s representative is the graduate level of selling, offering potentially higher earnings and freedom from company politics.
9.Aluminum door and window manufacturing:
- Manufacturing aluminum storm windows and doors is a relatively simple process that can even be conducted right from a well-equipped home-based workshop.
- This business start-up will appeal to entrepreneurs with some construction and mechanical aptitude.
- Once again, aluminum storm windows and doors are easy to manufacture as the material required is referred to as extrusions.
- It is a simple process of cutting the window framing rails to length, wrapping the glass in a rubber gasket, and attaching the rails that are screw-fastened in the corners.
10.Employment and career publications:
- Starting a desktop publishing business that specializes in producing a monthly employment and career guide newspaper is a fantastic new business venture to set in motion. The paper can be distributed throughout the community free of charge and supported by charging companies advertising fees to list their employment and career opportunities in the paper.
- Additionally, the paper should also include useful information and tips for readers on subjects and topics pertaining to securing gainful employment. The tips could include information, such as how to prepare for a job interview, ten secrets to a winning résumé and more.