- Earlier this month, OPPO a3s unveiled its A3s smartphone with the current trending notch design in India. The budget segment handset in particular underwhelmed specifications on paper compared to Realme 1 and ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1. However, we have managed to spend some time with the OPPO A3s, we are ready for a detailed review of the handset. The A3s is worth your bucks
1.Design and Display
- The OPPO A3s is Latest mobile one of the most affordable handsets currently available in India. This trend is a rage right now, if you want to hop on the bandwagon, this might be the most pocket-friendly option for you. The handset is available in dark purple and red color variants.
- Our review has been prepared for many years, we like the color choice from OPPO. The A3s comes with a glass-like finish on the back and has a dual camera arranged in a horizontal orientation, along with LED flash, on the top-left. Unfortunately, the brand has not included a fingerprint on the phone and there is just OPPO branding in the middle.
- The power button is located on the right side of the handset and the volume rocker on the SIM card slot. Both options are easily accessible, and frankly more preferable than the traditional same-side placement on most phones.
- The micro-USB charging port (yes! It is not going away from this price category) along with the loudspeaker grille and 3.5mm headphone jack are present at the bottom of the handset.
- The new budget segment offering from OPPO packs a 6.2-inch HD + (720 x 1.520 pixels) In-Cell IPS LCD “Super Full Screen” display with a 19: 9 aspect ratio and a small cutout the earpiece. There are some things that are reasonably thick for some reason. The display quality offered by the A3s is impressive.
- The viewing angles and maximum brightness ensure that the handset remains usable even in outdoor conditions. For those who are wondering, you will not be disappointed in the face of your hands and you will not be disappointed.
- The A3s does not feel heavy in the hand and is easy to hold despite a large screen size. The phone also feels sturdy and should survive an occasional fall or two. Overall, the build quality offered by the smartphone is decent, especially for its price range. Here’s a closer look at the phone in the design gallery embedded below:
- OPPO A3s comes with a rear-facing dual camera setup, which consists of a 13-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor, supported by an LED flash unit. At the front, we get an 8-megapixel sensor for taking selfies and video calling.
- Even though OPPO has a good reputation in terms of performance camera, I am facing some glaring issues in this department (pun intended). The camera setups, both front, and rear, Even when we tried to focus on the source of light, there was a tendency to flare issues presented by the smartphone.
- If we talk about the default camera app, you get the portrait mode option, thanks to dual cameras, which offers depth effect in images. When it works, the depth effect is very good. You also get the option to capture pictures in portrait mode when taking pictures from the front camera.
- You also get the time-lapse and pano modes right from the home screen in the camera app. There is an HDR mode, as well as an AI-based beauty feature that allows users to take digitally enhanced images of themselves.
- The front camera, just like the rear setup, comes across as a hit-and-miss. Provided apt conditions, the handset can produce some good images, but this is not the case in everyday scenarios, this comes across as a major drawback for the A3s. You can take a look at the camera below and be your own judge.
3.Software and performance:
- OPO runs Android 8.1 Oreo-based ColorOS 5.1 out of the box. The handset is powered by the Snapdragon 450 SoC, which is a popular choice among phone makers in this price range. The processor has coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB built-in storage, which is further expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
- As in the past, the ColorOS platform tries to keep things to a minimum. However, a section named Hot Apps comes with a suggestion to install certain apps, including MyJio, WhatsApp, JioTV, Facebook, among others. As you refresh this selection